ABOUT THE RECORDER
- The Recorder Home Page: a complete encyclopaedia of the recorder today with articles on almost every topic concerning the instrument.
- ERTA France : the French European Recorder Teachers Association.
- Recorder A network for Recorder Players and lovers of Recorder Music
- The Recorder in France: (in French & English)- the picture of the recorder situation in France.
- The European Recorder Players Society (ERPS) an international meeting point for recorder players in Europe.
- Marktplatz für Blockflötenspieler : (in German) - The recorder player's market square - events in Germany, recorder news.
- Recorder Friends : An English-language online recorder discussion group.
- Duets for one: play-along recordings of the baroque recorder duet repertoire.
- La typologie des instruments à vent: a fascinating page by Jean-Luc Matte on recorders & wind instruments with beautiful pictures.
- flauto-dolce.it, a web site offering a lot of music for recorders online at a very reasonable price
HISTORICAL METHODS AND TREATISES FOR THE RECORDER
- Méthodes & Traités, Flûte à bec: facsimiles of nearly all the documents published between 1500 à 1800. An exceptional collection of 4 volumes published by Éditions Fuzeau.
- Winfried Bauer's interactive web site, on modern and historical recorder fingerings.
CONTEMPORARY MUSIC WEB SITES
- Ros Bandt, an innovative Australian composer and recorder player.
- Tempéraments A French publisher with many pieces for recorder.
- Henri-Pierre Juguet: a composer, musician & artist from western France.
- Jean-Christophe Rosaz: a French composer & arranger. There is a solo recorder piece to listen to on this web site.
EARLY MUSIC WEB SITES
- A web site dedicated to medieval instruments. A wealth of information here
- les Festes de Thalie An association for the promotion of Baroque Music and Dancing, the organiser of the Brillamment Baroque en Yvelines festival, with courses and concerts.
- Association Sarabande, a society for the promotion of music, particularly early music in and around Arles, in Provence.
- L'Atelier Philidor : An excellent online Early Music Bookshop
- Boulogne Musique: You will find a lot of sheet music, books and instruments here, particularly in the field of baroque and early music.
- Editions Berthier-Valmusic : A wide choice of music and teaching material, including pieces for the recorder
- Pierre Olivier Ginestière: Fifes, whistles, tabor pipes (3 hole pipes) and drums.
- Francisco Calvo Regueiro, Galician bagpipes (Gaitas)
- Bernard Loffet, Button accordeons
- Didier Jaffrédo, a French whistle enthusiast: lots of interesting pictures.
- Jean-Daniel Talma, bone flutes and gemshorns.
- Les Kalimbas du Mont Ventoux, kalimbas or "thumb pianos"
BAROQUE & CLASSICAL FLUTES
- Alain Polak, an excellent flute maker working in Barcelona.
- Jean-Jacques Melzer, another very good flute maker from the Paris area.
François Masson: beautiful handmade baroque, classical and traditional clarinets.
- Vintage Sax Orange: Caroline Bourret, a saxophone specialist working in Orange, in the South of France: new instruments & mouthpieces, repairs, adjustments and sound improvement.
- Didier Bougon, a very good barrel organ maker established near to Villes-sur-Auzon.
- Nelly Poidevin, maker of bows for early music
- Solange Chivas, Renaissance, classical & baroque bows
KEYS FOR WIND INSTRUMENTS
- Molem Woodwind Atelier, All sorts of keys for woodwinds
- Jean-Marie Fouilleul, a guitar maker established in Brittany
- Christophe Schuetz, a guitar maker working in Villes-sur-Auzon
- Hubert Dufour, Fiddles & viols (he also makes electric viols)
- Benjamin Margotton makes lovely copies of stringed instruments from the Middle Ages & Antiquity.
- Reinier Staats, Bowed psalteries & rebecs with a wonderful haunting sound.
MUSICIANS & ENSEMBLES
- Nathalie Rotstein-Raguis, a recorder player who has written an interesting method for the soprano recorder.
- La Lusciniole A young group mingling voices and recorders to tell new and age-old stories
- Ensemble Arcamuses, a group of four musiciens from Rouen with a passion for early music
- Eva Maria Schieffer a German recorder and flute player working in the Paris area. Her repertoire spans several centuries from the middle ages to our time, in very interesting combinations. The site contains musical samples.
- La Rêveuse a French chamber ensemble dedicated to music of the XVIIth century.
- Ensemble Dolcimelo : four French recorder players, and a very interesting repertoire, from the XVth century to our time.
- Racheal Cogan, an Australian recorder player with a special interest in modal, non-harmonic musics from Greece, Macedonia, the Middle East and India.
- Flor Enversa : the art of the troubadours of the XIIth & XIIIth centuries.
- Quazzipi : Recorder trio three young musicians musiciens who share their passion for their instrument and its music with a repertoire ranging from the renaissance to our time.
- Douglas Gunn: one of Ireland's foremost recorder players (also a composer)
- Jill Kemp : a young English virtuoso recorder player, with a wide repertoire from van Eyck to the our time.
- David Bellugi : A brilliant soloist, who teaches at the "Luigi Cherubini" Conservatory in Florence, specialised in both early and contemporary music.
- Kopanitza productions, a society established in Crest (Southern France), producing early music and folk music concerts.
- Carolan & Co : an ensemble from Brittany whose repertoire includes celtic music and a selection of renaissance and baroque tunes.
- Le Trio Uccellini: three players dedicated to the recorder and its repertoire, from the Renaissance to the Baroque periods.
- Le Masque, an group of musicians specialised in European music of the XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries.
- Les Festes d'Orphee, a baroque ensemble in Aix-en-Provence
- la Compagnie de l'Alchimie, musique of the Renaissance & Baroque periods, from France, england and Italy.
- Morescarole, a Medieval Dance Company from the South of France
- A Baroque Dancing Workhop in the Paris area, with tuition by Annabelle Blanc
- Musimos: software for learning music (including the recorder)
SOME FESTIVALS :
- The International Recorder Ensembles Competition in Le Mans,
organised by the Société des amis de Arnold Dolmetsch
- Musique au Pard Festival (Celtic music) in Bourg de Péage
- Boulegan a l'Ostal,another folk music festivalin Saint Jean du Gard
- The "Rencontres Internationals de Luthiers et de Maîtres Sonneurs" in La Châtre
- The "Festival des Cultures Médiévales" in Largentière (Ardèche)
- The Villes-sur-Auzon Jazz Festival ... some wonderful moments under the old trees in the village
ARTS AND CRAFTS :
- The official French Arts & Crafts Yearbook
- Ventoux Métiers d'Art An association of craftsmen and craftswomen established around Mont Ventoux
INSTRUMENT CASES :
- Andrew Crawford - fine decorative boxes. Fine boxes to commission, instrument cases, box making books and courses.
GITES (HOLIDAY HOMES) IN OR NEAR VILLES SUR AUZON
- Le Gîte du Grand Portail
- Gîte des Hautes Briguières
- Ferme-auberge du Couguieu
- Casa Clémentine
- La Sarrasine
- A holiday home near Caromb
and...SOME PERSONAL FAVOURITES...
- Jeanine a fantastic "one woman show" with Dominique Falcoz
- Musiclopedia.com, a research portal for all things musical.
- Hervé Berteaux, a photographer based in Montpellier, Southern France... some wonderful pictures to look at
- Le TRAC (Théâtre Rural d'Animation Culturelle). A wonderful theatre company established in Beaumes de Venise (Vaucluse), France.
and... all the Villes-sur-Auzon links
DIRECTORIES IN WHICH THIS WEB SITE IS LISTED
A page dedicated to the above directories
Back to home page
22 Le Grand Portail, F-84570 VILLES-SUR-AUZON , France
TEL +33 4 90 61 86 11
this web site was checked with